[Foundation-l] Ombudsman commission

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 16:09:32 UTC 2009

Hm, I always saw the ombudsman commission as a commission very different and
seperate from the whole commission structure. If I recall correctly, it was
mainly to fill a Real Gap, namely an option to file complaints for breach of
privacy policy. I think this clearly defined mission is quite different from
for instance communication committee, special projects committee and
chapters committee, which are much more vaguely defined, no clear purposes
and with vague membership and authority to the outer world. As I saw and see
it, is the ombudsman commission a replacement for a real ombudsman, a place
to file complaints without having to go to court.

Therefore, I'd like to plea to remain this structure if there are no
complaints about that as such, no matter what happens to the commission
structure as a whole.

Best regards,

Lodewijk