[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 19:13:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> The GFDL has problems which need to be fixed.  If the "relicensing" under
> CC-BY-SA occurs, that's much less likely to happen.

I spent 3 years trying to get the GFDL fixed. Would you like me to
forward you all of the "We'll get back to you later" emails? The
sooner we are no longer at the mercy of Richard Stallman, the better.
Nothing you can say about the new licensing terms will change my mind
about that.

> I'd much rather see a switch to the GSFDL, with some sort of clause added to
> that license allowing combining of history lines into a single line listing
> all significant authors, in the case of an MMORPG (or whatever it is the FSF
> has chosen for the codeword for Wikipedia).

See above.

Ryan Kaldari