[Foundation-l] status of the licensing update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:20:08 UTC 2009

2009/2/18 Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net>:
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> 2009/2/18 Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net>:
>>
>>> That's why we made it a point to include some attribution standards in
>>> the proposal, so that we don't vote on this in a vacuum.
>>>
>> I don't believe I've seen a formal proposal yet - did I miss it?
>>
> There's the licensing update page on Meta, currently marked as a draft.
> I'm not sure what you were looking for, but feel free to approach that
> as the proposal, it's what we've been discussing all along, I believe.
> We'll probably take off the "draft" status at some point, but there are
> tradeoffs between formality and retaining the ability to address and
> incorporate feedback before we vote.

Oh, yes, there is that draft. Obviously, the point at which you take
off the "draft" needs to be before the vote - which needs to be sooner
rather than later if we're going to have a definite result in time
(the Foundation is registered in Florida, after all! ;)).

Incidentally, what contact have you had with CC about how they
interpret the license? Particularly regarding the "attribution by
reference" issue.