[Foundation-l] The reality of printing a poster

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Tue Feb 3 21:46:49 UTC 2009

On 3 Feb 2009, at 21:39, Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> Hoi,
> The change of the license will happen not only for Wikipedia but
> for all
> projects as I understand things.

The change of license can only apply to wiki-created GFDL works,
which does not apply to the images. They will remain with their
current licenses.

> When you do not like the notion that in real life people want  a clean
> print, you will find that your legalistic approach hardly survives
> the real
> world. There are people who like their jeans with labels. I remove
> them if I
> can. In a way you take the position of the RIAA.
> Thanks,

You still buy the jeans with labels attached; it's up to you if you
remove them later.

The RIAA's stance is completely different to mine. They want you to
pay money (preferably repeatedly); I only care about attribution.

Mike