[Foundation-l] Attribution made cleaner?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:42:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> If you are willing to accept that a URL is sufficient, then there is no
> reason to ever show the authors - it's only to accomodate the fact that the
> CC-BY-SA contains a clause which isn't really relevant to the projects.
> Better to change the CC-BY-SA or the attribution requirements than kludge
> this 5 authors or less statement in there, which just makes it harder to use
> the content. That is against the aims of the project, so I do consider the
> whole 5 authors or less thing silly.

OK, now I understand better where you're coming from.  The '5 authors
or less' is indeed silly.  A link to the history page does not satisfy
my concept of 'a URL', and we can do much better than a URL on WP
itself.

For the purposes of reuse we should facilitate simple solutions; a URL
would be sufficient there if a detailed attribution page is preserved,
for that revision, at a permanent link (and any mirrors thereof).

SJ