[Foundation-l] Attribution made cleaner?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Mon Feb 2 23:29:45 UTC 2009

It's silly because it's arbitrary and only applies to the lowest quality
articles - start and stub. I have a query running on the Toolserver which I
hope to process into a percentage of articles that have 5 or less authors.
But we already know that the large majority of articles are stubs, and
somewhat fewer start. We also know that the quality of these articles is
related to their popularity, and that an article of lower popularity is less
likely to be quoted, by definition.

If you are willing to accept that a URL is sufficient, then there is no
reason to ever show the authors - it's only to accomodate the fact that the
CC-BY-SA contains a clause which isn't really relevant to the projects.
Better to change the CC-BY-SA or the attribution requirements than kludge
this 5 authors or less statement in there, which just makes it harder to use
the content. That is against the aims of the project, so I do consider the
whole 5 authors or less thing silly.