[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:46:50 UTC 2009

2009/2/1 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:

> Anthony writes:
>
>>> Actually, the difference is quite relevant in a courtroom,
>>> especially when
>>> dealing with constitutional issues.  That's why I find it nearly
>>> impossible
>>> to believe that Mike doesn't understand this.  How in the world can
>>> you
>>> defend people's constitutional rights if you think they're made up
>>> out of
>>> nowhere?  Why defend free speech if it's just a couple words some
>>> guys made
>>> up and wrote down on paper?  The very nature of the legal system in
>>> the
>>> United States of America is based upon natural rights.  "We hold
>>> these
>>> truths to be self-evident".  Self-evident.  Not created by
>>> congressmen.
>
> It is a common mistake... [snip]

I'm confused... why have you sent a reply (twice) to an off-topic
thread that died out over a week ago? Or did these get stuck in the
moderation system somehow? (In which case - Mods: if you don't keep up
to date with moderation, just delete emails that are no longer
relevant [and let the author know], it rarely serves much purpose
posting them a week late.)