[Foundation-l] Whither, video tutorials?

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:55:32 UTC 2009

Well, perhaps my hopes were set too high. I quite liked the look and feel of
the videos, but some of the dialogue were not quite as inspired as I had
hoped. Perhaps that will be fixed in further videos. Thanks for the link to
the strategy pages.

/Lennart

2009/12/7 Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Lennart Guldbrandsson
> <wikihannibal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the information, Lennart.
>
> > The films were ready by some time in the spring of 2009, I guess, and
> > Wikimedia Sverige showed them to a mildly impressed audience at our AGM.
> > There was no premiere or big news item about it and the whole thing went
> > almost unnoticed. Perhaps the idea was flawed, or the execution, or the
> > process, but either way, the films was not a success by any measure.
>
> Oh dear, it sounds like you're a little downhearted by the affair. But
> I enjoyed them. I guess it's fair to say that I'm a pretty committed
> Wikipedian, though, and the videos weren't really aimed at me.
>
> > But this wasn't the "whole truth". All in all, if memory serves, there
> was
> > talk about a further dozen or so further films. The further films was
> > intended to deal with the various other questions that the audience may
> > have: reverts, NPOV, the principles, copyright, and so on. Perhaps this
> is a
> > project that the Bookshelf will take care of, or maybe this is something
> > that is better done by amateurs on YouTube?
>
> There's been some talk on the Strategy wiki and it's clear that some
> people are quite keen on further video content:
>
> http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tutorials
>
> I hope you don't feel crestfallen by the videos. I liked them!

Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för
svenskspråkiga Wikipedia