[Foundation-l] Projekt: OpenCritics (let's free subjective content, too!!)

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Aug 31 13:59:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Myself, I consider NPOV as what distinguishes an encyclopedia from
> promotion and advocacy.

I don't think Wales or Sanger or whoever invented the term "NPOV" discovered
the concept, so I'd avoid using that newly invented term to describe it.

Agreed it is hard to get there completely, but
> the effort to approximate it is what makes Wikipedia a work of
> reference, and conservopedia a joke.   ~~~~

 Sometimes I think Wikipedia goes too far in the other direction, though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Objectivity_(journalism)&diff=309541103&oldid=307529219