[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:56:35 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> Depends how you want to look at it, since the dollar bills aren't color
> coded or anything.  But the last budget I bothered to look at (which I
> believe is the one before the last one released) was underspent in the area
> of technology and overspent in other areas.  So I think it's valid to say
> that "tech money was spent on other things".  As I said, I didn't even
> bother looking at the last budget.  After hearing Sue admit that the one I'm
> talking about was padded, there was little point.

There were explanations for all those over- and under-spends. I
considered them all to be good explanations. I would have to look at
the report again to be sure, but I think there was a better than
budgeted surplus in the year you are talking about, so the reason for
not spending the full tech budget wasn't lack of funds from having
spent them elsewhere.