[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Aug 28 20:41:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/28 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> > I have no idea if it would or wouldn't, but it's certainly within the
> power
> > of the board to pressure Sue to hire a CTO sooner rather than later.
>  It's
> > certainly also within the power of the board to ensure that budgets are
> set
> > honestly and that the money allocated to technology is spent on
> technology,
> > not on the office of the executive director.
>
> Has tech money been spent on other things previously? That is news to me.

Depends how you want to look at it, since the dollar bills aren't color
coded or anything.  But the last budget I bothered to look at (which I
believe is the one before the last one released) was underspent in the area
of technology and overspent in other areas.  So I think it's valid to say
that "tech money was spent on other things".  As I said, I didn't even
bother looking at the last budget.  After hearing Sue admit that the one I'm
talking about was padded, there was little point.