[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:12:34 UTC 2009

Here's a simple series of questions:

(1) On which boards of directors (either for-profit or non-profit) has Matt
Halprin been newly seated, since 2006?

(2) To which of those organizations has the Omidyar Network made a
significant financial contribution or investment?

(3) What is the result of the count of organizations in # 2 divided by the
count of organizations in # 1?

(4) At which percentage in # 3 would we begin to postulate that, since 2006,
Matt Halprin typically serves on boards of directors where his employer's
money is at work (or at stake)?

Am I correct that Halprin draws a measurable income from Omidyar Network, or
that Omidyar Network would be considered his primary means of income?

With my experience having founded the enterprise that led to Wikipedia
altering its "Vanity" guideline to become a more comprehensive "Conflict of
Interest" guideline, one might say I'm somewhat "street wise" on Conflict of
Interest issues.  I'm perfectly able to see how COI would come into play
here, regardless of the inability of others here to see (or even to imagine)
that.

I look forward to the answers to my above questions.  Or, sweep them under
the rug, if that is your inclination.

--
Gregory Kohs