[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 01:08:42 UTC 2009

*Jan-Bart de Vreede said:
*
"the next year will be crucial for us as an

organization in determining our long term strategy. But that process
is shaped by YOU. The tremendous strategy project (details at
http://strategy.wikimedia.org
  ) started a month ago is making good first steps. The Board of
Trustees does not own any of the Wikimedia projects, you do.
Participate on the strategy wiki (and encourage others to do so) to
help determine the future direction of our organization, you will
probably have more impace than any single board member ever will..."

++++++++

I offered a proposal at the Wikimedia Strategy project, with supporting
links to outside, independent documentation.  Within about 40 minutes, the
proposal was removed, and I was indefinitely blocked from that particular
project, including IP address blocking.   This, despite the fact that I
almost single-handedly wrote the sampling design and fine-tuned literally
all of the 2009 Foundation Development Survey for the WMF on the Meta
project.

But, I "own" the Wikimedia projects?  I will have more impact by being
blocked from the Wikimedia Strategy project than any single board member
(including Jimmy Wales?) ever will?

Your pithy inspirational motivations are ringing hollow for me, Mr. de
Vreede.

--
Gregory Kohs