[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Aug 25 21:23:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM, James Forrester <james at jdforrester.org>wrote:

> As you already asked me about this off-list, and didn't like my
> response, I'm happy to give it here:

Can you prove that I asked you about this off-list?

> Sure, but whether or not I believe you, my point is that it's not
> really helpful to make comments in a forum in which you can't - or
> won't - back them up. It doesn't add light, only heat, and doesn't
> achieve anything except damage the movement.

I'm not going to pretend that something isn't true just because I can't
prove it to you.  Many people on this list know that I am not making this
up.  My comment was directed at them, not at you.  If you want to put your
head in the sand, that is your right.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that last paragraph was sarcasm.

Sarcasm generally has a valid point, or else it'd be called nonsense.