[Foundation-l] Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 25 21:18:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM, James Forrester <james at jdforrester.org
> >wrote:
>
> > 2009/8/25 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> > > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Thomas Dalton <
> thomas.dalton at gmail.com

> > > Many years ago, but my source is confidential.
> >
> > I've heard that you frequently post claims that you fail to back up,
> > but my source is confidential.
> >
> > Please.
> >
> > Oh, and someone told me to do this, but unfortunately I'm not allowed
> > to say who instructed me so to do.
> >

> Huh?

It reminds me of this article I read in the NYT yesterday:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/health/policy/25zeke.html

Dr. Emanuel has written over a million words on health care and somewhere,
in one of his papers, its possible to twist his words into making him sound
like he's saying something that he doesn't actually believe. Except in your
case you don't even have actual source material to twist about so its much,
much worse.