[Foundation-l] Raw data of 2009 Board election ballots

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Aug 25 19:58:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/25 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com
> >wrote:

> >> disrepute.
> >>
> >> If you said anything that could be libellous then that could be a
> >> problem. Whoever did the publishing would be liable.
> >

> > I'll do the publishing, if that's the problem.  I'm in the United States,
> so
> > I'm protected by Section 230 of the CDA.
>
> I suggest you run that by a lawyer, my understanding of the CDA is
> that is isn't that broad.

Nah, I promise, I'll publish it.  I've read enough case law to be confident
that I couldn't be successfully sued for publishing that audio recording.  I
also trust Greg not to engage in slander, frankly.  And I'm pretty much
judgement-proof anyway.

"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as
the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information
content provider."

I'm a user of an interactive computer service, and the information was
provided by another information content provider.