[Foundation-l] Raw data of 2009 Board election ballots

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Aug 25 19:46:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not an expe[r]t on libel law,
> but I think, at least in some jurisdictions, a publisher can be held
> responsible even for things that clearly aren't their own words.

Absolutely they can, in traditional publishing media.  Over the Internet, in
the US, given Section 230 of the CDA...  Well, I'm not going to give out
legal advice, but I personally would be willing to fight that fight.

So, basically, bad excuse.  Give me the audio, and I'll publish it.  Or give
it to the Internet Review Corporation, and we'll publish it on Akahele.  Or
if the only potentially slanderous content is that of Kohs, give it to Kohs,
and he'll publish it.