[Foundation-l] Lack of research on Wikipedia

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 23:02:25 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:

> Milestones are important, especially for PR purposes. We just need to
> work out which milestones should be emphasised. For small Wikipedias
> number of articles is probably a good choice, for larger ones,
> particularly the English Wikipedia, it probably isn't.

I'd like to have a big fuss over the "TWO BILLION WORDS" milestone,
though that's a way off yet. TWO BILLION WORDS. Holy crap, that's a
LOT of text.

Your Featured Articles suggestion is good, though we must keep in mind
that the en:wp FA requirements keep ratcheting upwards, such that the
total pretty closely tracks 0.1% of the article count.

- d.