[Foundation-l] New projects opened

Svip svippy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:35:03 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 Kaare Olsen <kaare at nightcall.dk>:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:32:47 +0200
> Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Given that on Februari first 96.07% of the most used messages were
>> localised, it is clear that some of the most used messages were not
>> even localised. Consequently your puh puh reaction that only the rare
>> messages are affected is not correct.
>
> Does your statistics include local translations?  No?
>
> Again, I'm an actual user of the Danish language Wikipedia.  I'm not
> making it up when I say that I rarely run into something untranslated.
> If I do run into something untranslated, I generally fix it, and this
> most commonly happens locally as I can't wait for the translations to
> arrive by other means (and yes, I know the delay is not your fault).

I much appreciate the effort.  And it is possible that the Danish
localisation is in better shape than last time I checked (which was a
little over a year ago).

I'd love if the Danish Wikipedia was close or en par with the English
Wikipedia.  Not in quantity, but in quality.  At least on the Danish
specific articles.  Unfortunately, there is a lack of motivation from
potential Danish editors (like myself).

I guess I am too busy maintaining my own wiki as well.  Maybe a choice
to attract editors would be similar to that of the Swedish and
Norwegian wikis.  That, and I'd like to see more appreciation of the
Danish language from the Danes themselves.  I hear Dutch is under the
same criticism from the Dutch themselves.

\\Svip