[Foundation-l] New projects opened

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:57:05 UTC 2009

Hoi,
At translatewiki.net many of the messages include information about the
context. The coverage of this information has been improving steadily. This
information is not available when messages are localised on the local wiki.

So there are two places where localisations can originate; local and
translatewiki.net. There is still a problem with localising at translatewiki
in that localisations do not become available in a timely fashion. The
LocalisationUpdate extension that is currently being assessed by Brion will
fix that problem. It will reduce the amount of time before localisations
become available to maximally two days.

Once this is done, it is important to remove as many local localisations as
possible because they override the messages provided from translatewiki.net.
The only local localisations should be the ones that provide local
information like policies.
Thanks,
      GerardM