[Foundation-l] Missing audio of WMF Board candidates

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:15:13 UTC 2009

I think Adam's explanation as phrased leaves out a little bit of the
reasoning behind not releasing the audio; from conversations on Skype, my
understanding is that he refuses to release it to you directly. I believe
(and hope) that he is still willing to release it publicly in some way, and
I think that should be done. I don't understand why it hasn't been already,
or why Adam doesn't send it to someone else for audio editing if he's unable
to do it, or even why audio editing should be necessary.
I doubt that the Greg's darker suspicions will prove true, but I can
certainly see why it would be frustrating for him: he's much more reasonable
in voice chat than over text, and if the audio were widely circulated it's
possible he would have come in a few places higher in the election.

At any rate, as has been said elsewhere, I don't think that "WikiVoices"
retains the credibility to attempt this again - but the idea of a voice
debate is still an interesting one. Perhaps other groups (the WMF, the
Signpost, Wikizine, etc.) will take up this task in the next round.

Nathan