[Foundation-l] Why hasn't the LocalisationUpdate extension been enabled?

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 14:30:50 UTC 2009

Naoko Komura <nkomura at ...> writes:

> As for LocalisationUpdate, there has been a discussion in this thread
> already, so I won't get into too much details.  But we are planning to
> start testing it in the usability prototype sites for the next round of
> release.  http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Prototype  It would be
> great if we can work with translators to test LocalisationUpdate so that
> the translators can actually confirm their translation appear promptly
> after the translation in traslatewiki.net.

This Friday I enabled LocalisationUpdate on our sandbox [1]. It's running 4 days
old software [2], but LU updates the translations every hour. The update starts
at nn:17 and takes about 7 minutes, which means everything should be up-to-date
at nn:24. Please note that only those translations that have been committed to
SVN by TranslateWiki staff will be included in the updates, and only if the
English version of the message hasn't changed.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

[1] http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox
[2] http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox/Special:Version