[Foundation-l] Email list archives

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Sun Aug 16 07:33:54 UTC 2009

On 16 Aug 2009, at 03:58, Pavlo Shevelo wrote:

>> For me Google Groups do a good job and it's enough.
>
> Yes, I would support the proposal to look at Google Groups (as
> alternative mailing list platform) closer.
> As we can see Wikimedia Brasil and Wikimedia UK are using that
> platform and perhaps not only them (I'm pushing this platform for
> Wikimedia Ukraine while we started from Mailman-based list, provided
> by WMF).

WMUK still use the standard mailman platform [1]. As far as I know,
it's just WMBR that are using google groups.

Does Mailman not provide any sort of templating options that make it
more useable? I see that the wikien-l mailing list has a themed front
page which greatly improves how that page looks [2], but that doesn't
seem to extend any further than that page.

Mike