[Foundation-l] It is vital to stamp out citizen journalism. Or claim to.

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Aug 14 20:57:56 UTC 2009

David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/8/14 Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>:
>
>>> When you're competing with your own fans, you're ... in trouble.
>>> http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1027680.ece
>>>
>> Heh, but is there any basis whatever that the events occurring a football
>> game are of social or education value?
>>
> Historical, frequently. I believe our coverage of American football on
> en:wp is quite extensive.
>
> It's that they feel they can take such an openly hostile attitude to
> their own customers.

It's a pretty common attitude at the highest levels of sport where so
much is tied to contests as media properties. Similar issues have come
up in football (soccer), baseball, basketball, and golf - to mention
only those where I know of specific instances off the top of my head.
Anybody want to send me up the road to Vancouver for the Winter Olympics
next year?

--Michael Snow