[Foundation-l] Alphascript Publishing: 1900+ copy&pasted books from Wikipedia

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:12:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Nikola Smolenski<smolensk a eunet.yu> wrote:

> I don't know if they commonly do it but at least at
> http://amazon.decenturl.com/amazon.com-prehistoric-europe they openly
> say it's from Wikipedia.

And still by reading that review you get the impression that they're
building upon wikipedia articles giving a more up-to-date version :)
I'm glad they respect the license at least.
In Italy we recently discovered a similar case, with a guy writing
books copying verbatim wikipedia articles. He didn't respect the
license, selling the content as his own copyright, however. The funny
thing was that he forgot at least one "Citation needed" tag, so we had
a lot of fun at it.wp Village Pump
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bar/Discussioni/Un_libro_fatto_con_wikipedia_e_i_%22citazione_necessaria%22
What one of us did was to put a review saying "Don't buy this book,
it's a copy from Wikipedia". The book was retracted from the website a
few days afterwards.

Cruccone