[Foundation-l] Report to the Board April 2009

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 02:31:19 UTC 2009

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> 2009/8/12 Benjamin Lees <emufarmers at gmail.com>:
>
>> I really like these reports, but they'd be more useful if they came sooner
>> after the events they describe.  Will you be able to catch up to a <1-month
>> delay in the near future? (I wouldn't mind if the reports for May, June, and
>> July were condensed, if that's what it took.)
>>
> Yes, I've been thinking that. Do we get the reports at about the same
> time as the board or is the delay due to the need to go through the
> report checking if anything needs to be redacted?
The delay tends to be minimal, Sue typically sends information to the
community directly after having communicated with the board, although
occasionally a portion of a report may be redacted. In this case, the
board received the April report yesterday. It was actually out of
sequence, because we received her report for May a little earlier, so I
expect you should see that one pretty soon as well. As for getting fully
caught up, I'm sure that's her goal, although you may appreciate that at
times actually doing the work ends up taking priority over reporting on
the work that was done. From the board's perspective, she does keep us
informed of developments outside the monthly reports as well, so we
remain able to exercise our oversight responsibilities, but I would
agree that these monthly summaries are very helpful.

--Michael Snow