[Foundation-l] Update on struck votes issue on SecurePoll

Rjd0060 rjd0060.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:02:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Philippe
> Beaudette<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > Earlier today a number of adjustments were made to votes which had
> > been previously struck in the election for Wikimedia Board of
> > Trustees.  We believe the votes that are still struck are validly
> > struck; if there is a dispute, any user is encouraged to contact the
> > Election Committee (board-elections at lists.wikimedia.org) or any member
> > personally for clarification.
>
> Is there any reason why some, but not all, super-seeded votes have
> also been struck?
>
> There are a number of cases, but picking one I know personally,
>
> <strike>Details 15:49, 28 July 2009     Ragesoss        en.wikipedia.org
> </strike>
> Details 14:06, 9 August 2009    Ragesoss        en.wikipedia.org

Yeah, I noticed this quite a bit also.  If a voter voted more that once, it
seems like all but their last vote is greyed out usually - only sometimes
are first votes struck.  Not sure if second/third/etc. votes need to be
struck just because the user voted again or not, based on that.

--
Ryan
User:Rjd0060