[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sun Aug 9 03:00:56 UTC 2009

Keep in mind that this election didn't go off as well as it could
have, we all know that, the important thing was getting the e-mails
out before the vote ended.  It was already too late, so it's better to
get more people notified than less.  It wasn't perfect, last year was
better because there was more time to tweak everything. :-)

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Milos Rancic<millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> That means that automatic emails about voting should be fixed:
> * We should have a possibility to connect accounts. My bot is my
> account and I would like to manipulate with all of my data from one
> interface, not by logging out from one account and logging in to
> another.

Bot accounts will probably be excluded in the future, since they are
explicitly not allowed to vote.

> * Voters who already voted shouldn't get that message.

Yes, there was an issue this year I think.  Remembering back to last
year, this wasn't an issue, so it probably won't be for future years.

> * Voters should be able to opt-out from this kind of messages for the
> next elections, referendums etc.

This has existed and is linked in all the e-mails (and translations):
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_nomail_list>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023