[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 02:34:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just received an email telling me I am eligible to vote in the
> board elections when I have already voted. Please don't send
> untargetted mass emails - they are spam.

Ah, I may imagine how your reaction would be in my case :) I have a
number of bots, of which some don't have bot flags (because it is just
an account, because it is not a bot which should have a bot flag or
because it has bot flags just partially). So, until now, I've got one
email for myself (even thou I voted) and three for my bots :)

That means that automatic emails about voting should be fixed:
* We should have a possibility to connect accounts. My bot is my
account and I would like to manipulate with all of my data from one
interface, not by logging out from one account and logging in to
another.
* Voters who already voted shouldn't get that message.
* Voters should be able to opt-out from this kind of messages for the
next elections, referendums etc.