[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Sat Aug 8 08:39:59 UTC 2009

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> This is a huge improvement over the last election where not all projects
> were targeted for this type of mail. As a result there is less bias in the
> system. So you can opt out if you do not want to receive an e-mail for the
> next election.

Huh? All eligible voters who hadn't voted by the time I took a snapshot
of the voted list got the same email last year. In fact, a small number
of people accidentally got more than one I think because I didn't do a
very good job of making sure the script didn't time out and or keeping
track of exactly how far down the email list I got to.

Are you thinking of the year before (2007) when a candidate send out a
email to a selected number of users?

KTC

     - Heinrich Heine