[Foundation-l] Knol, a year later

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:00:48 UTC 2009

2009/8/7 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:

> More than a year ago Google lunched Knol. It was a sensation then
> (BTW, it was a sensation for more time than Wolfram Alpha was). Today
> I just may say that I don't remember when I heard for the Knol last
> time.

Well, Wolfram Alpha is occasionally actually useful :-)

But Knol was never comparable to Wikipedia. Basically, the media
writing about Knol's launch needed to write something to fill space in
an article, and Wikipedia was a handy comparison because they're both
websites. There was and is no actual similarity. Don't believe the
hype.

- d.