[Foundation-l] The EFF appears to be somewhat upset by the foundation

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:51:48 UTC 2009

"Can a noncommercial critical website use the trademark of the entity
it critiques in its domain name? Surprisingly, it appears that the
usually open-minded folks at Wikipedia think not."

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04/wikipedia-threatens-

While I would regard the title of the article as misleading this is
going to be something of a PR problem.

Legally I've not looked at it closely and trademark isn't my thing
although there may be potential to annoy everyone by arguing that the
well documented existence of the "wikipedia loves art" err brand means
there are potential passing off issues.

--
geni