[Foundation-l] Volunteer Appreciation

Jennifer Riggs jriggs at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 20 23:12:51 UTC 2009

This being Volunteer Appreciation week in the US, I thought it was a
great chance for me to post to this list and post a Wikimedia blog
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2009/04/20/volunteer-appreciation/. I want to
thank everyone for being so welcoming. I am very excited about this
organization and this job working to support such an amazing group of
volunteers!

I've been reading along on some important community issues discussed
here and am learning so much. I look forward also to hearing
perspectives on the list about issues around diversifying and further
globalizing Wikimedia's free educational products and material. I am
very volunteer-centric when it comes to my big thinking about direction,
activities and products. So, I will be relying on you to help frame the
Foundation's volunteer support in a way that will be most beneficial in
your efforts to achieve our community's goals.

I look forward to meeting you as individuals as I go.
Jennifer Riggs - CPO Wikimedia Foundation