[Foundation-l] Problems with the new license TOS

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Apr 15 13:04:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Bence Damokos <bdamokos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Could we please summarize the outcome of the long discussions on this
> subject instead of discussing different external search services to the
> mailing list?

What is it specifically that you want to know?  The discussions on this
mailing list were largely for the benefit of those involved in the
discussion, not for others to get a summary afterward.  Furthermore, they
were censored to the point where they weren't able to get to the heart of
the matter, which is a fundamental difference on the moral issues
surrounding copyright law, attribution, integrity rights, etc.

Are you strongly opposed to all types of "intellectual property"?  Vote for
the change.
Do you believe that the right to attribution is a fundamental natural right
which is held by individuals and cannot be alienated by majority vote?  Vote
against the change, or refuse to vote at all.
Have you not decided on whether or not you want to live in a society in
which individuals have the right to their creations?  Vote "no opinion", or
don't vote, or hurry up and form an opinion already.

Most of all, don't worry so much about this vote.  It's fairly meaningless.
We all know how it's going to turn out, after all.  If you're not sure how
to vote, that indicates that you haven't decided on some fundamental
principles, which is a much bigger issue than whether or not to skew the
vote a couple hundredths of a percent one way or the other.