[Foundation-l] Alternating sitenotices is kinda confusing

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:35:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Mike.lifeguard
<mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I don't think that's true... The id is centralNotice. Hiding that id
> with css works if you add it to your monobook. Both the centralnotices
> use that id (so far as I know), so making them use different ones would
> then allow you to hide one but not the other, alternate them etc etc.

We are talking about the [hide] button built into the central notices
themselves.

Yes one could do other things with personal CSS/JS but the behavior of
the normal [hide] button should be modified to hide only the current
notice, and not hide all presently active central notices.  In the
prior email I was saying there is no notice specific ID.  Yes, all
notices use id="centralNotice", but changing that to a notice specific
ID will break other things.

The link I included in the last email shows the JS code for central
notices, have a look for yourself.

Obviously there are multiple possible implementations, but the
existing one ought to be improved.

-Robert