[Foundation-l] Court: Congress can't put public domain back into copyright

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:21:21 UTC 2009

Agreed. The case doesn't have to be decided by the Supreme Court to
affect copyright jurisprudence throughout the United States. Bridgeman
Art Library v. Corel Corp. (which a substantial portion of our Commons
policy is based on) was a decision by the District Court for the
Southern District of New York, for example. Granted, several federal
courts have followed that ruling since then.

Ryan Kaldari