[Foundation-l] Fwd: Video accessibility

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:02:01 UTC 2008

forwarded per request

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Silvia Pfeiffer"
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:44:51 +1000
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Video accessibility
Hi all,

Thanks a lot to Michael for doing this great introduction - and for
cc-ing me on the email.

May I add to Michael's expose that my work on video accessibility for
Firefox 3 will most certainly include improvements and further
implementations for ROE. It will also make sure we select
subtitle/caption formats for Ogg and audio annotations for the blind,
even if they may be specified to be text and rendered viat TTS.

> == Call to Action ==
>
> This is kind of a limited example since its only English... but hopefully
> you get the idea... If someone has an ideal video media set with multiple
> audio tracks & people that could work on multiple transcripts I am open to
> doing more multi-language friendly development / experimentation / demo ;)

I am also keen to set up a collection of files that can be used as
examples. If we do that through Michael, that would be awesome!

Best Regards,
Silvia.

--
Michael Bimmler