[Foundation-l] Can anyone really edit Wikipedia?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:37:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, the way we currently do references results in a complete
> mess. It requires some development work to make any progress, I think
> - I'll take a look at the relevant code and see if it can be done
> easily.

Some kind of syntax highlighting might be good (we obviously have
syntax highlighting extensions already installed, the trick now is
just making it work in the edit window). Syntax folding might be a
nice addition too, but I've never seen that in a working web
interface. WYSIWYG is obviously the ultimate goal, but progress on
that has been understandably slow. There are some interesting helpful
editing extensions available, maybe some of them need to be evaluated
and good cross-platform features could be folded into MediaWiki's core
eventually.

--Andrew Whitworth