[Foundation-l] Can anyone really edit Wikipedia?

Jesse Plamondon-Willard pathoschild at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:23:11 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  You're right, the way we currently do references results in a complete
>  mess. It requires some development work to make any progress, I think
>  - I'll take a look at the relevant code and see if it can be done
>  easily.

One solution would be to define references at the bottom of the
article, and use them in the text. (This is possible with the current
implementation, but only messily.) Then the code above would look
something like below.

The infobox is a separate problem, but fixing the inline references
will be a huge improvement.

The 100 millionth account was created on August 6, 2006<ref
name="MySpace100Millionth" /> in the [[Netherlands]]<ref
name="Murdochcomments" /> and approximately 106 million accounts on
September 8, 2006,<ref name="ElReg-MySpaceMusic" /> and the site
attracts 230,000 new users per day<ref name="PatriciaSellers" />.