[Foundation-l] Data retention

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Sep 20 18:06:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Betacommand <Betacommand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anthony, you need to review the workings of a checkuser. I am not a CU But
> know for a fact that is very very easy to avoid auto blocks and using same
> IPs as an origional account. all you have to do is change your IP.

Huh?  My block log isn't quite as extensive as yours, so maybe you're more
familiar with autoblocks than I am, but your comment doesn't make any
sense.  You can use the same IP, as long as you change your IP?

> I would recommend everyone who has no clue about checkuser process to shut
> up and stop putting their mouth where it does not belong because most users
> are clueless about the complexity of checkuser information and what needs
> done to conclusively prove two accounts are used by the same user.

I'm fairly well aware of the complexity of checkuser information and what
needs to be done to conclusively prove two accounts are used by the same
person.  What I'm not aware of is why this is so important in the first
place.