[Foundation-l] Autocreated globalaccounts

Anders Wegge Keller wegge at wegge.dk
Sat Sep 13 22:27:57 UTC 2008

"Phil Nash" <pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I think it should be clear of the context in which this thread has
> developed- that of obviously offensive or disruptive usernames;

 My point exactly. At some point i saw an enwiki policy that usernames
containing non-ascii characters was so offensive that it warranted a
permanent block. I don't know if that particular policy still stands,
but that is beside the point in this case. The actual problem with
blocking "offensive" usernames is that what offends in one language
could be a perfectly normal name in another. For instance, would you
block the user "I fart"?

--
// Wegge
<http://blog.wegge.dk> - Her hænger jeg også ud.