[Foundation-l] Autocreated global accounts (was:[Wikitech-l]$wgCentralAuthAutoNew=true)

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:42:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Phil Nash <pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:

> Jon Harald Søby wrote:
> > When such usernames are spotted, please report them to stewards on
> > #wikimedia-stewards, so we can lock & hide the accounts.
>
> Is there a way of doing that without IRC? I'm not set up for it, and can't
> afford to pay for it right now.
>
> Phil

IRC doesn't cost anything, by the way.  You can also find a client that's
best for you via this nice article on enwp that I often refer people to: <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IRC_clients>.  If there's an
emergency and you need to get on IRC, you could always use the web
interfaces like <http://chat.wikizine.org/> and <http://java.freenode.net/>.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023