[Foundation-l] Klassical Chinese

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:56:06 UTC 2008

There is a major difference between Latin and other "ancient
languages": A neo Latin movement, Latinitas Viva, is actually using
Latin as a modern language. They have conventicula (meetings), Grex
latine loquentium (an internet forum) and modern literature and
dictionaries. I don't see that in the case of, for example, ancient
Greek.
All Wikipedias in ancient languages I know - with the exception of
Latin - are more or less dead.
For ancient languages usually a Wikisource project is more suitable,
though often the ancient forms of modern languages can be integrated
into an existing Wikisource - like German Wikisource embraces also
texts in ancient forms of German.
Kind regards
Ziko

Ziko van Dijk