[Foundation-l] We have the problem

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:09:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Communication at this list, as well as other common communication
> channels (except blogs!), tends to decline. I am sending this message
> after two days without any email. While it may be explained with
> weekend days or so, it is definitely not so usual. One day without
> emails is usual just for holidays.

I agree that the mailing lists need to be reorganized.

Wikipedia-l needs to be revived.

How?

Foundation-l should be separated split in two: One list for all WMF
projects and one for the internal issues of the WMF. (I, for one,
would be interested in the "all projects" emails, and not interested
in internal WMF issues.) Furthermore,  sending to Foundation-l emails
that should go Wikipedia-l must be frowned upon, until the senders
learn what is on topic and what is not. The mixing of all those things
often makes me want to unsubscribe from them all.

WikiEN-l should be about WikiEN-l only. For things that are relevant
only to en.wiki and not to sr.wiki, for example. The reality, however,
is that WikiEN gets a lot of traffic that should really go to
Wikipedia-l.

This is also part of the solution to the "positive zero communication
between projects" problem.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

heb: http://haharoni.wordpress.com | eng: http://aharoni.wordpress.com