[Foundation-l] Schools Wikipedia & GFDL - no direct credit to authors?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:39:28 UTC 2008

> Er, I'm a named volunteer press contact therefore the Foundation is
> responsible for GFDL violations? That theory's on crack.

I never said that. The theory presented was that the foundation's
involvement, which includes you being listed as a press contact,
negates the GFDL compliance issues. You tried to counter that by
pointing out that you aren't a foundation employee, which isn't a good
counterargument since you do hold an official position and being
listed under that position does mean the foundation is involved
(according to Erik, the involvement is limited to little more than a
trademark agreement, but that's still an involvement). The theory is
still nonsense because of the ownership issue I pointed out, of
course.