[Foundation-l] What's appropriate attribution?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:20:09 UTC 2008

2008/10/21 Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org>:

> Thomas Dalton writes:
>
>> There is a difference between being aware of an issue and knowing how
>> that issue affects each jurisdiction.
>
> Hey! Thanks for letting me know about that!

You're welcome.

>> While copyright is largely harmonised, does that include moral rights?
>
> More or less.

The "or less" is the bit you need to worry about, then.

>> The thing with experts is that you often need to contact them in order
>> to find out if there is anything worth contacting them about.
>
> This had never occurred to me!

Perhaps you should try thinking things through properly in future, then.

(NB: Claiming a statement is sarcastic does not making it false. From
your previous email is quite clear that your statements in this email
are true despite the fact that you most likely believe you are being
sarcastic.)