[Foundation-l] Requests for new projects

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:31:11 UTC 2008

Hoi,
On Meta in the "Request for new languages" there is a separate page with
information about each request. These pages include a template that gives
the language committee the necessary information to evaluate the request.
Part of the template is a field tagged as "*Users interested in forming an
editing community*:" A month ago it came to my attention that several
requests did not include this field. Consequently it is not possible to
judge if there are indeed people willing to support such a request. At the
time I added this field and added ????.

Given that requests for new languages, new projects require people to
actually DO something, this information is crucial because otherwise we have
only people "voting" on the idea of the proposed project. As it is one of
the requirements for a project to have an active community, I am of a mind
to reject any request that does not indicate the people who are willing to
actively support a request.

Please add your details to the request that you will commit yourself to.

NB I made this same request / announcement on the Incubator..

Thanks,
      GerardM