[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Muhammad Alsebaey shipmaster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:08:42 UTC 2008

Of course the process is political.  There's nothing wrong with that.
> Every time two or more people differ on some issue, deciding that issue
> requires political interaction, whether it's choosing between the
> opinions offered or synthesizing a new compromise position.  Politics is
> not just partisan activity connected with established ideologies, though
> politicians umbilically associated with such ideologies are the ones who
> give politics a bad name.
>
> Using "too political" as an excuse for not participating in the debates
> of the day is itself a political act.
>
> Ec

 Hmm I think I meant it in the latter regard: Politics as a partisan
activity connected with established ideologies, since the choice bolsters
one of the sides in an ongoing -'partisan' if you may, the term is used
loosely since there is no efficient official parties on the Egyptian scene
except the ruling one- debate in Egypt.

However, I have to say that Gerard already made it clear that politics is
not part of the equation in LangCom decision, so they dont take it as a
factor, of course, we will not know what actually was a factor since the
arguments are not published.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey