[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Thu Oct 9 08:40:19 UTC 2008

Muhammad Alsebaey wrote:
> It is not a political stand that the first body of written non-fiction work
> published in Egyptian Arabic will be on Wikipedia? I said before that there
> is an ongoing debate in Egypt about the adoption of Egyptian Arabic as
> written in addition to being spoken in order to bolster the national
> identity of Egypt. This debate is currently dead in the water AFAIK, with a
> lot of argument going for and against. Wikipedia hosting the first
> non-fiction written work *is* a political stand in this debate IMHO.

No, in no way. You must simply understand that we do not make decisions
because one politiker want something is true or another politiker want
something to be wrong. If your concern is a political, then I give
Gerard right. We follow international standards. If you have a problem.
Go to ISO and complain there.

Ting