[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Oct 7 17:11:21 UTC 2008

Muhammad Alsebaey wrote:
> However, let me
> stress again my point, is it the WMF place to take a stand as to accelerate
> such an adoption of the spoken language as written? I dont think so.
This seems to be the point on which the language committee, as currently
constituted, disagrees. I fear it is somewhat run by
minority-language-promotion advocates, who are most interested in using
Wikimedia to push their pet ideas about how language and society ought
to work, shared by few other people.

-Mark